Roof repairs and maintenance are a normal part of owning a house. Unfortunately, no matter how well-installed your roof is or what material it’s made out of, it will likely need some repairs at some point due to natural wear and tear. But how can you tell if your roof needs repairs right now or soon? Is it always obvious, or are there some subtle signs your roof needs repairs that you may need a keener eye to spot?
5 Signs Your Roof Needs Repairs
- Stains on ceilings or walls inside. If you’re noticing stains or discoloration on interior ceilings and walls, it may indicate that your roof isn’t doing its job properly and is letting moisture into your home.
- Shingles that are curled, cracked, and missing, or dark, wet, and dirty. Of course, if your shingles are obviously damaged, it’s a sign that they could be nearing the end of their usefulness and will need to be replaced. But wetness or dirt accumulating on your shingles could also mean that something is wrong with your roof.
- Damage around roof openings and objects. If you’re noticing that objects or openings on your roof – such as chimneys, pipes, and vents – are looking like they’ve seen better days, your roof may need to be looked at.
- A sagging roof. This one may seem obvious, but if you notice a sag anywhere in your roof, call a roof inspecting company as soon as possible. A sagging roof doesn’t always mean it’s on its last legs, but it can be a sign that your roof needs repairs before more serious damage occurs.
- It’s been 20 or more years since your roof has been installed. Though many roofs have much longer lifespans, it’s still a good idea to get your roof checked out if it’s been a long time since the original installation or last inspection. The roof is an integral part of the house’s structural security, so getting it looked at if you’re unsure can’t hurt.
Don’t Panic – Call RoofStar Arizona
Noticed any of these signs pop up in your house? There’s no need to panic – you’re in no immediate danger of your house collapsing down upon you. But it’s smart to hear from the experts and see what on your roof needs to be replaced or repaired in order to maintain the health and structural integrity of your house. Because “we’ll tell you the truth about your roof!”
Call RoofStar Arizona today at (480) 426-1915 today to get a high-quality, trustworthy roof inspection.