With the holiday season fast approaching in the midst of a turbulent time, we’re all thinking of ways to add some cheer into our lives – and what better way to spread cheer than decorating your house to add some holiday spirit into your neighborhood? Adding holiday lights to your home is fun and a great way to brighten the mood, but it can also be stressful – especially if you’re the one doing all the work! So Roofstar Arizona has compiled a list of tips for you on decorating your roof with holiday lights.
Holiday Lights Ideas
Need some inspiration for how to deck out your house and roof with lights this year? We’ve got some:
- Choose One Area to Shine: If you want something that really draws the eye, pick a focal point, and center your lights there. On the roof, on your door, or anywhere else on your house; string up the lights, set up a wreath, and add other holiday decorations, like a blow-up or statue, in that area.
- Deck the Eaves: Show off your home’s architectural beauty by hanging lights off of eaves and roof hangings; classy, traditional white lights for an icy look, or bright, colorful lights for a fun and festive look. Drape them down the pillars and on the porch fence, too.
- Outside the Box Lighting: Who says lights have to be the traditional bulb shape? Get some shaped lights to make your eaves and patio stand out. They come in all kinds – snowflakes are common, and candy canes, snowmen, and reindeer are other good options that will give your house an adorable and unique touch.
Tips For Hanging Outdoor Lights
It’s no secret that hanging holiday lights can be a real pain. We hope that these tips will help make decorating your house and yard a little easier.
- Check Them First: Before you string them up, make sure they’re in working order. If you find out that they’re broken once you’ve already strung them up, you’re just making more work for yourself! In addition, check for any frayed cords or other signs of damage. If you see any, don’t use them – buy new ones.
- Plot Out Your Decoration: Before you get started stringing up the lights, take a few seconds to plan what your yard and house will look like. This will help make sure you don’t end up with lopsided lights or not enough decorations to complete the look.
- Use Light Clips: If you’ve been using other contraptions like clothespins to hang your holiday lights, switch over to light clips instead. They’ll make your life a lot easier!
- Set a Timer: There’s no need for your holidays light to stay on <i>all</i> night. Set up a timer that will turn your lights off after a certain amount of time to save power and a little bit of money.
How Do I Put Christmas Lights On My Roof?
If you’ve never done it before, hanging holiday lights from your roof can seem like a daunting task. But once you break it down, it’s pretty simple. The only things you’ll need are the lights themselves, a trusted ladder (and a firm place to set it), and some light clips. You can use other items in place of clips, but using something like nails or staples could damage your roof – not to mention, clips are a lot easier.
Make sure to plug your lights and the extension cord in before you start stringing them up so that you’re sure they’re in working order, and also so that you don’t put them up only to find out the cord isn’t long enough to connect to the outlet.
Make Sure Your Roof Is Ready for Lights: Get It Inspected
Before putting up your holiday lights this year, consider getting your roof inspected first to check for any signs of damage. The last thing you want is for unexpected damage to ruin your Christmas cheer. Call Roofstar Arizona at (480)-426-1915 now to schedule a professional roof inspection and get started on spreading joy with your holiday lights.