If you recently found out that you need a new roof, you probably have a lot of questions and worries. Thankfully, getting a new roof isn’t as intimidating as it sounds. Roofstar Arizona is here to answer any questions you have so that you feel confident moving forward with your new roof.
FAQs About a New Roof
When Do I Need a New Roof?
It’s not always immediately obvious when you need a new roof. Sometimes you can tell just from looking at it – like if there are obvious signs of damage or wear. But sometimes it’s just time for a roof replacement, even if it doesn’t necessarily look like it. Here’s when you should get a new roof:
- When your roof is over 20 years old: Some roofing materials, such as concrete or clay tile shingles or metal sheets, may have longer lifespans. But generally, you should replace your roof every 20-25 years to ensure that it’s up to standard.
- Missing, curling, or cracked shingles: If you’re noticing any of these issues with your shingles, it’s likely time for a roof replacement.
- There is water damage or moisture stains on your ceiling: Take a walk through your home and inspect the ceilings. If there’s water damage occurring on your ceiling, that means your roof isn’t doing its job properly. Light water damage may be easily repaired, but if it’s severe, an entire roof replacement may be in order.
How Long Will Getting a New Roof Take?
Generally, a roof replacement will take about 2-5 days. Roofstar Arizona always does its best to ensure that our roofs are finished in the explained timeframe, but external forces can sometimes cause delays.
Can I Install a New Roof Over the Old One?
If you’re looking into getting a new roof, you may have heard about “overlaying” – a process where new shingles are installed over the existing ones. Overlaying can be a good option in some circumstances, but it’s not always considered the best choice. Overlaying shingles can only be done once, so if your house has already been reroofed, the process cannot be repeated. Can I Choose New Roofing Materials?
If you want to shake up the aesthetic of your house, or if you’ve heard about the benefits of a certain material – for example, metal roofing- you might want to inquire about having these materials installed on your new roof. Whether or not this is possible depends on multiple factors, the biggest being the slope of your roof. Talk to your contractor about whether the material you want to use will work on your new roof.
What Are the Benefits of Replacing Your Roof?
There are many benefits of getting a new roof, even beyond the obvious. Some of the benefits are:
- A New, Improved Look: Your house will look much better from the curb with a new roof, especially if it was getting noticeably old or damaged.
- Improved Home Value: A new roof is a desirable trait in a house. If you’re looking to sell, having a new roof is a good way to increase the value.
- Potential Energy Savings: If your current roof isn’t insulated properly, it may be costing you extra energy bills. Having a new roof installed may solve the insulation problem, causing you to save a little bit of money – and energy!
Feeling More Confident About Getting a New Roof?
We hope this FAQ has helped you feel more confident and assured in your decision to get your roof replaced. If you have any questions that weren’t answered here, feel free to give us a call at (480)-426-1915. We’ll always tell you the truth about your roof!