Spray foam roofing, oh how we adore thee! But as with all good things, sometimes there are a few hiccups along the way. Not to worry, Mesa-Phoenix homeowners – Roofstar is here to demystify common spray foam roofing issues and offer expert solutions. We’ll arm you with the knowledge to keep that spray foam roof in tip-top shape!
What is Spray Foam Roofing?
First, let’s establish what we’re talking about. Spray foam roofing is a two-component material that’s applied as a liquid and expands into a foam, creating a solid foam layer across your roof. Foam is a nominal 1” thickness and comprises the waterproofing layer of the roof. High grade acrylic elastomeric coatings with UV inhibitors are applied over the foam to protect from the sun.
The Common Culprits: Issues with Spray Foam Roofing
Here’s the scoop on common issues that can arise with spray foam roofing:
- Improper Installation: Like a soufflé, the success of spray foam is in the installation. It’s crucial that the foam is applied correctly and with precision. This requires premium materials and equipment.
- Blistering: No one likes a blister, especially not on their roof. Blisters can form if the foam doesn’t adhere properly, or if there is moisture in or on the roof deck..
- Cracking & Splitting of the Surface Coating: Over time, coatings may crack, split or wear too thin due to exposure to the elements.
- UV Damage: The Arizona sun doesn’t play! UV rays willcause the foam to deteriorate.
Spray Foam Savior: The Solutions
Worry not! For every problem, there’s a solution.
This one is simple. Ensure that you hire a reputable roofing contractor (hint: like Roofstar) that has experience with spray foam roofing. Proper installation is key.
Keep those blisters at bay by conducting regular inspections. This helps you catch any adhesion or moisture issues early on.
Maintenance and Repairs
Address cracks and splits head-on. Have a trusted contractor perform any necessary repairs.
To protect against UV damage, apply a protective coating to the foam. This acts like sunscreen for your roof and must be reapplied every 5 – 10 years depending on proper preparation and the product applied A well maintained foam roof will last for decades.
Time for a Facelift? Recoating
Your spray foam roof might need a fresh coat every 5 – 10 years. This is like giving your roof a little facelift and is essential toextend its life. 30 dry mils (thickness of a credit card) applied over a properly cleaned and prepped roof will provide 7 – 10 years of protection. Coatings wear away at 1 – 1.5 mils per year, and should never be allowed to get below 15 mils or the foam starts to degrade under the coating.
The Importance of Professional Assistance
There’s nothing like the support of a true professional when you’re dealing with roofing issues. Here’s why professional help is vital:
- Accurate Assessment: Professional roofers can accurately assess the state of your roof and recommend the best solutions.
- Quality Materials: Ensure that high-quality materials are used during repairs and installations.
- Expertise: Experience and skills matter. Professional roofers have the know-how to address issues effectively.
- Peace of Mind: Knowing that your roof is in expert hands gives you peace of mind.
Roofstar: Your Guardian of Spray Foam Roofing
Roofstar is here to take all your spray foam roofing worries away. With a crew of experienced professionals, high-quality materials, and a commitment to stellar customer service, we’re the guardians your spray foam roof needs. From expert installation to regular maintenance and efficient repairs, we’ve got your back, Mesa-Phoenix homeowners!
At Roofstar, integrity is our foundation. We believe in honest, transparent communication and offering the best solutions tailored to your specific needs. We won’t just fix your roof – we’ll give it the royal treatment it deserves.
Ready to give your spray foam roofing the care it needs? Call Roofstar today at 480-426-1915. We’ll tell you the truth about your roof.