Not many of us feel qualified to repair our home’s roof. It is just far too important to get wrong. We use the term “a roof over our head” to speak of security and safety because that is how important it is. Our roof shields us from the elements, is essential to the structure and stability of our homes, and can last for decade after decade if properly built and maintained. So what is the guidance when it comes to the dos and don’ts of roof replacement?
Roofing Isn’t DIY: Hire An Expert
Since most of us don’t feel that roof replacement is something we’d want to “DIY”, let’s look at how to find a great roofer. If you don’t already have a relationship with an expert roofer, you will want to have a few tips to ensure you are hiring a high quality, highly qualified and trustworthy roofer. Here are our top suggestions for what to look for in a roofer?
- Are they fully bonded and insured and will they show proof on request?
- Do they have good online reviews and satisfied customers?
- Do they have systems to protect the property from damage that can occur during roof repair? This involves things like covering yard features, protecting shrubbery and flowers, etc.
- Do they have systems in place to keep the work area clear of typical hazards and to minimize eyesores? A reputable and qualified roofer, like us here at Roofstar Arizona, Inc. always ensures the area is clear of roofing nails and hazards as much as possible. A good company will keep the area clear by disposing of the packaging materials, trimmed pieces, and old shingles and all the associated detritus at the end of each day. You still want to keep your family safe by avoiding the work area, of course, but a quality company will stay on top of the amazing amount of materials that need to be removed.
- Ensure they have good business practices. For example, do they offer references? Do they offer a clear and detailed estimate?
Roof Replacement Best Practices
Next, you will want to think about the roof replacement considerations.
- Your first step, if you have an HOA, is to make sure the roofing materials, colors, and forms are permitted in your regulations. You don’t want a costly mistake once you’ve gotten started.
- Meet with your chosen roofer to go into greater detail about exactly which styles and colors will be ideal for your project. Ensure they are keeping your preferences and budget in mind.
- Have the roofer explain the ratings (like wind and fire ratings) if applicable and the beneficial features of each option.
- Once the work is scheduled, make sure you know your point of contact and that they will be available when you have questions or concerns. You should feel comfortable with the crew’s safety measures and treatment of your home.
Get The Truth About Your Roof
A trusted roofing company is a partner in your home’s safety and durability. They assist you in maintaining what is most likely your most important and expensive asset. If your roof needs replacement this is not the time to take risks or be cheap. If you can find a company, like us here at Roofstar, that is a family business focused on excellence at a competitive price, then you can have the best roof at the best price. We are very happy to partner with you in getting the ideal roof replacement to set your mind at ease and keep that all-important roof over your head. Please reach out to us at (480) 426-1915 and feel free to check out our website at https://www.roofstararizona.com/ to learn more about us.